Returns and Exchanges Policy
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing some delays processing Returns and Exchanges. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for shopping at ShopYamaha Australia. We hope you are happy with your purchase, however if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to us for a full refund or an exchange only. Please see below more information on our returns policy ('Returns Policy').
In this Returns Policy references to ‘Yamaha’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ means Yamaha Motor Australia Limited. This Returns Policy applies to all purchases made online through ShopYamaha.
This Returns policy is to be read in conjunction with the ShopYamaha Terms and Conditions of Use and our Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- Online purchases can be returned back to Yamaha's head office in accordance with this Returns Policy.
- Please note, any purchases from a Yamaha dealership, must be returned to the place of purchase to organise a credit or exchange. Dealership purchases cannot under any circumstances be processed via our ShopYamaha returns process.
If you have an account and wish to return any products purchased online, please return back to our online store and follow the procedure below:
- Login to My Account > My Orders > Returns.
- Download the ShopYamaha Returns Form.
- Complete the form, save and email directly to our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the team have received your form, it will be reviewed, and you will be given a six digit Approval Number. This number needs to be written on the return label provided in your original parcel.
- Return the items back to Yamaha’s warehouse wrapped in the original packaging (if undamaged – otherwise use suitable packaging) and include a copy of your completed ShopYamaha Returns Form.
If you have returned your order for a refund, this will be processed within 5-7 business days of Yamaha receiving the products and you will receive a confirmation email when the refund has been processed.
If you are requesting an exchange, you will receive an exchange for the items of equal or lesser value and are part of the same range of product already purchased. Please ensure that the details of what you would like to be exchanged are correct as we will only offer one exchange of product. For any warranty requests, please follow the steps as above and once the product is received at Yamaha, our team will be in contact once the assessment has taken place to discuss the next steps. Each item will be assessed on a case by case basis, depending on the requirement.
If you are attempting to return a product outside of the 14 day period, Yamaha reserves the right to refuse your claim.
SHIPPING COSTS FOR RETURNING ONLINE
Each customer is responsible for the cost of returning items back to Yamaha. If you are returning a faulty product, Yamaha will arrange to refund your shipping costs after the product has been determined to be faulty in accordance with the Faulty Returns section below. You must keep your receipt for postage and provide this for compensation when requested.
Yamaha is not liable for any loss, damage or delay arising from, or in connection with, the transport and return of the products to Yamaha.
It is recommended to ship the products back to Yamaha using a secure postal service and ensuring a tracking number is provided. If tracking is not purchased, and a parcel being returned is delayed or lost, this is not the responsibility of Yamaha and must be taken up directly with the chosen postal service provider. If the product is lost in transit a refund or exchange cannot be given.
Please be advised that our online warehouse is not open to the public, and we do not accept in person drop offs of any kind, at any time. Any attempt to do so will be refused.
All returns are subject to the following conditions (‘Return Conditions’), except in the case of faulty products which may be returned in accordance with the Faulty Returns section below.
Except if a product is faulty, Yamaha will offer a refund or exchange, only if the return is:
- Made within 14 days of the original invoice date;
- You have valid proof of purchase;
- The products are unused and in a saleable condition;
- The products have not been altered or damaged while with you; and
- The original packaging is still available.
Please be aware that unless a product is faulty, you cannot exchange or return it more than ONCE. If a product is not faulty, Yamaha retains the right to reject a return on the basis of a failure to adhere to these Return Conditions.
We will not accept a request for refund or exchange for any of the below reasons:
- You got what you order but simply changed your mind;
- Found it cheaper somewhere else;
- Decide you do not like the purchase;
- Have no use for it;
- Misuse the product in any way that causes a problem.
FULL PRICE RETURNS
Except if the product is faulty, products purchased at full price may be returned for a refund or exchange provided that the product meets the Return Conditions set out above.
Except if the product is faulty, sale products can only be returned for a Yamaha Credit and provided that the product meets the Return Conditions above.
It is considered a sale product when a product is:
- marked at a discounted price;
- purchased during a temporary promotion period (for example, VIP Days, One Day sales, discount offers etc); or
- purchased using a coupon or a promotional code.
Please see the Sale Items and special offers provision of our ShopYamaha website Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.
When Yamaha receives the product, it will be assessed by a senior team member and the Yamaha Repairs Department (if required) and you will be notified of the outcome as to whether or not it is deemed as faulty in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
If the product is faulty, Yamaha will offer to repair, replace or refund the value of the product plus delivery charges, providing proof of freight is provided. Yamaha reserves the right to offer repairs for minor faults with our product/s rather than a replacement product or a refund.
If you were informed the products were faulty at the time of the purchase, you will not be eligible to a return for the disclosed fault.
The process of assessment and repair may take up to three weeks from when the product is received by the Repairs Department. If for any reason, it will take a longer period of time, you will be notified of this within the three week time frame.
If the product has a major problem or cannot be repaired, you can choose a refund or exchange. A major problem is when the product:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the product if they had known about it;
- Is unsafe;
- Is significantly different from the sample or description; or
- Doesn’t do what Yamaha said it would, and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the product and Yamaha will compensate you for any drop in value.
Refunds will be returned to you in the manner you paid for the product (debit/credit card or your payment gateway).
Please allow up to 5 business days for this to be visible within your account.
Once the product/s have been received by Yamaha, your return will be assessed within two business days and you will receive an email once your return has been processed.
All of our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This Returns Policy is not intended to replace, limit or exclude any rights available to you under the Australian consumer law.
If you have any questions, comments or queries please feel free to email us at email@example.com or refer to our other policies or terms and conditions on this website.
Last updated June 2020
© Copyright 2020 Yamaha Motor Australia Limited. All Rights Reserved.